Monday, July 10, 2017

Moon Angel

Ever buy a Halloween costume not for Halloween? For a child? Actually, it was "for me," insofar as I was going to have my sons model for an art idea I had.

We went to a school field, and my sons took turns wearing an astronaut costume--that I bought in January. They were 9 and 7 at the time. I suppose a few people gave quizzical looks, wondering what we were up to. (Side note: It's interesting how UN-self-conscious I was, what with me having a specific plan in mind when I was taking these pictures.)

For the purposes of this post (anyway), here's one of those pictures...


...which I then used as a guide to create...

Moon Angel
5" x 5"
Oil on Gessobord

This was the first of many lunar-themed paintings I've created. 

(Should you be inclined to own this image, you can find it at Daily Paintworks and Fine Art America.)

No comments:

Post a Comment